15 May Tips To Protect Your Home
Keep Your Home Safe With These Easy Tips!
There are so many easy steps to take when it comes to keeping your home safe and maintained. Keep your home safe from floods, fires, storms, and break-ins.
Protection From Floods
To keep your home from Floods, there are a few simple tips to keep floods from happening.
1. Get Flood Safe Hoses On Washing Machines.
2. Make sure to have your light switches and the electrical outlets raised up to a safe level.
3. Check into the gutters and make sure that they are all clean and cleared out.
4. Look into sealing any cracks around windows or in any other areas of the home.
Protection From Storms
There are many steps that should be taken when it comes to prepping your home for storms.
1. Make sure that trees and loose branches are trimmed and away from where they could fall on the home or into windows.
2. Check that your windows are strong and sturdy for whenever a strong thunderstorm is coming.
3. Replace any broken or loose roof shingles that could potentially cause leaks.
4. If you know when big storms are coming, be sure to put away any outdoor items and prep your yard for the storm, so that way the items in your yard don’t damage your home.
Search for Homes for Sale near Winter Garden
Protection From Break-Ins
Prepare your home for in case of a break-in. Being secure with your home security will help you feel safer at night or will help you feel at ease when it comes to leaving your home empty once you leave for the day.
1. Make sure that all of the locks on your windows and door are secure and work properly.
2. Burglars can easily hide behind bushes close to the entrance of the home. Be sure to keep your bushes trimmed enough so that you or your neighbors would be able to see someone lurking around your home.
3. Install a home security system, for instance, ADT Monitored Security is a wonderful security system to use for your home security system.
4. If you can, try to have motion detectors installed to light up any darker areas outside of your home to check and see if anyone is trying to break into your home.
Protection From Fires
Be sure to take the precautions needed when it comes to keeping your home safe from any fires.
1. Of course one of the main important factors that go into keeping your home safe from fires is by installing smoke alarms and making sure that the ones that you have installed work properly.
2. Be sure to plug in large appliances into wall outlets and not just extension cords. The extension cords can become overheating which could potentially cause a fire.
3. In case there is a fire in the home, be sure to have a plan on how and where you will evacuate the home easily and quickly.
4. Another item to have on hand in case of a fire is a fire extinguisher. Be sure to keep the fire extinguisher in the room that a fire might take place like the kitchen.