You may have heard it said that “the winter real estate season is slow.” Or that, “no one is really buying or selling over the holidays.” The truth is, the holidays are a PERFECT time to list your home and maximize your value. If you’re considering waiting till spring to sell you may want to consider these 9 reasons to come on the market early!
Did you know….
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring when there are traditionally more houses on the market which could ultimately drive prices down. This could mean you sell high and buy low.
- You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays. We keep you in control.
- January is traditionally a month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week. And those buyers tend to be more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
- When supply goes down it means there is a greater opportunity to capture motivated buyers AND a better sales price for you.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
If you’re interested in learning what your home might be worth in today’s market…
contact us today for a FREE, no-obligation home valuation by clicking here.