A few helpful hints we’ve gathered as we get ready for the storm.
Be safe friends!
* Should we lose power, It’s sometimes hard to find things in a semi dark house — put the things you think you’ll need in a central location
* If you don’t have lanterns or they run out of battery, remember you can bring the solar landscape lights inside at night.
* Oreos & root beer sounds like a good idea until about day 3. Get some real, nourishing food.
* Boil up some pasta, toss with olive oil & store in a zip lock. Then if the power goes out you can add whatever veggies, meat & cheese you find in the fridge & salad dressing & everyone can make their own pasta salads.
* Freeze some of your water bottles — then they are both ice and a cold drink
* Baby wipes !!! Good for everything.
* Dress appropriately during the worst of the storm. This includes having a decent pair of shoes on. Should you need to leave your home for safety reasons, you’ll be ready.
*Charge everything you own. Everything! Cell, tablets, i-pods, speakers & don’t forget your toothbrush and facial cleaners if you use them.
*Get some bug spray. You may be doing yard work or dealing with a broken window.
*Get some cash. The stores may open without power & there will be no ATMs or card usage. You may also need to pay helpers to cut a tree out of your way.
*Buy a roll of contractor sized trash bags, Good for both cleanup & keeping things dry.