Get your spookiest and most boo-tiful costumes, and grab your pumpkins and get ready to carve out a win during our HalloWe-mert Costume Contest!
Halloween Contest OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Halloween Costume Contest is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Participants below the age of 18 must obtain the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to participate in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, the parent or legal guardian is deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday, October 16, 2020 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 (the Contest Period). Completely fill out the contest registration form located at wemertgrouprealty.com/halloween-costume-contest .
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Sponsors will not be responsible for late, or misdirected entries or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. The Contest Administrator will choose the winners on or about November 4, 2020, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select five Prize winners. The potential Prize winners will be notified by telephone or email, at the Contest’s Administrator’s sole discretion. If the Contest Administrator attempts to contact the potential Prize winner via telephone and cannot engage in a live conversation with the potential Prize winner before November 5, 2020, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected via random drawing, if time permits. Although the Contest Administrator may, in its sole discretion, choose to leave a message or messages on such potential winner’s voicemail service or answering machine, such messages are solely to facilitate live contact before November 5, 2020 and do not constitute a live conversation for purposes of these Official Rules. If the Contest Administrator attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize winner via email, then the potential Grand Prize winner must respond to such email, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the email or such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing, if time permits. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced.
a. Winners of the Contest stand to win prizes indicated below:
One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card and four (4) additional winners will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Prizes are of no cash value.
b. Entries will be assessed based on creativity and on the categories above.
c. The judges’ decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained regarding the judges’ decision.
d. Winning entries will be posted on Wemert Group Realty’s social media platforms. Winners may also be interviewed by Wemert Group Realty or the media. By participating, participants consent to public disclosure of their names that accompanied by their entries.
e. The winners will be notified via the respective social media platform via private message by November 5, 2020. Should the winner fail to respond to the notification within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited. Wemert Group Realty will select another winner as replacement..
a. Images must be taken submitted electronically during the contest period to qualify.
b. Submissions can be made through our website. Winning entries will be picked from overall submissions.
c. Images submitted for the Contest may not be, at any time, used by participants to promote or advertise any product or event, whether commercial or otherwise. They may not contain or be connected with any obscene, blasphemous, libel, offensive, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material or activity, as determined by Wemert Group Realty, at its sole discretion.
d. Wemert Group Realty reserves the right to disqualify entries and remove submissions/photos that contain, or are connected with, any such material or activity, without prejudice to any other action that may be taken in connection with such submission.
e. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photos is not allowed. Basic enhancements and effects/ filters made available by phone applications are allowed.
f. Participants shall submit their entry through the form in our website and follow us on social media in order to quality. Participants are encouraged to include captions for the entries.
g. Submissions may be reposted on our social media platforms to encourage more participation during the contest period.
h. Winners will be notified and may be requested to submit the original photograph, or the highest image quality of the photograph.
i. There is no limit to the number of photos submitted. However, each participant can only win one prize.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by telephone at the time and on the day they are selected. To claim prize, each winner must reach out to us by message or phone by 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, November 6, 2020. Winner must present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
9. Construction. The invalidity or un-enforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Emily Smith at 407-412-8488.
11. Intellectual Property
a. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must own the copyright to their photos and be able to produce any underlying rights or intellectual property in their photos.
b. By submitting their photos, participants represent and warrant that their photos do not infringe any third party intellectual property right(s); and participants agree and undertake to at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Wemert Group Realty harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), injuries, claims, costs, fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from their photos and/or use of their photos and/or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and/or any applicable law.
c. The participant shall retain copyright to the image entered for the Contest.
d. Participants grant to Wemert Group Realty a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual license to use, reproduce, transmit, display, and prepare derivative works, in whole or in part, of the photos submitted, on Wemert Group Realty’s social media platforms which includes promotion of programs and activities of Wemert Group Realty. Participants will be credited according to the submitted username on the respective social media platform.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
a. By submitting their entries, participants are deemed to accept the Contest rules and regulations and the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
b. Should any dispute arise in connection with the Contest or these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Wemert Group Realty shall be final.
c. Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, Wemert Group Realty reserves the right to disqualify any participant for failure to abide by any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein, or for submitting false, inaccurate or incomplete information, or for any other reasonable cause, at Wemert Group Realty’s sole discretion, without first informing the participant and without being liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, expense, cost, damages or otherwise suffered or incurred from such disqualification.